Amazing, this month we can already celebrate the second anniversary of Bread Baking Day. Since two years every month enthusiastic bread baker from all over the world bake bread following a specific theme. Thanks to the wonderful hosts and participants Bread Baking Day has become a well-established event. Thank you folks!
Last month 40 dedicated bakers from around the world baked Multigrain Breads and Rachel from Tangerine’s Kitchen did a wonderful job hosting that. Don’t forget to check out the BBD #20 roundup she made. Thank you Rachel!
Are you ready to fire up the oven for a Pizza Party?
BBD #21 is all about Pizza! Pizza provides the perfect palate for creativity. With minor modifications to crust, sauce or toppings, the pie takes on new personalities. Anything is possible! As BBD is a bread baking event I ask you to pay special attention to the crust. Be creative, make a special dough with spelt, rye or whatever grain you like. Prepare your dough with a sourdough starter, biga or poolish or just use yeast! For the toppings – anything is fair game, sweet or savory, it’s up to you! Thick or thin Pizza, Foccaccia, Lahmacun and other flat breads are allowed as long they come with a topping.
How to participate in BDD #21:
- Bake a Pizza, take pictures (if possible) and blog about it.
- Please link back to this announcement in your post, and eventually to the roundup.
- Fill in the submission form below and your post will be listed in the roundup and enter automatically the drawing.
- Your recipe can be written in English, German, Spanish, French, Italian or Portuguese. All other languages please translate to one of these languages.
- Last day of submission is July 1st, 2009.
And what’s about the giveaways, you ask?
Once your pizza is made you need to cut it into slices, right? A pizza wheel is good tool that avoids the dislodging of loose toppings through the back-and-forth motion of the blade typical of a knife. And here the giveaways come into the play. Zyliss has generously offered to give away 3 Zyliss pizza wheels to 3 lucky BBD #21 participants or blog readers!
This comfortable Pizza wheel cuts through crusts thick and thin. The ergonomically designed handle keeps the wheel right in your palm so you can apply direct pressure to the blade and exercise more control over its direction. For safety, the handle is made of non-slip plastic for a secure grip. The blade and handle separate for more thorough cleaning. This product is comfortable for either righties or lefties to use.
How to win a Zyliss pizza wheel:
- If you participate in BBD #21 you enter automatically. For an extra entry just leave a comment on this blog post with „Pizza wheel“ in the title line and saying why you want to win a Zyliss pizza wheel. Only one extra entry allowed per person.
- If you don’t participate in BBD #21 but would like to win the Zyliss pizza wheel just leave a comment on this blog post with „Pizza wheel“ in the title line and saying which is your favorite Pizza and why you want to win a Zyliss pizza wheel. Only one entry allowed per person.
- International entries welcome!
The roundup should be up on July 4th. The 3 winners will be chosen random on July 6th, 2009. I will email the winners (if provided) and post their names on the blog.
Please feel free to promote the event by sticking the logo on your blog.