What is DMBLGIT?
The idea behind the event is to give everyone a chance to enjoy some of the best pictures of the month posted on food blogs. There are so many food blogs now and stories are constantly posted that it’s very easy to miss some great posts and pictures. This event takes us back through the food photos.
The rules & how to participate:
- One food photograph entered per person
- The photograph must have been taken by you
- The photograph must have been posted on your blog in October of 2007
- The deadline to submit your entry is November 30.
The judges will assess the quality of all of your great entries, which will fall under the following categories:
- Aesthetics: meaning composition, food styling, lighting, focus, etc.
- Edibility: meaning “Does the photo make us want to die to try and eat the food?”
- Originality: the photograph that catches our attention and makes us want to say “Wow!” because it displays something we might not have seen before
- Overall Winner: the photograph encompasses all of the three previous categories: the best in Aesthetics, Edibility and Originality.
So if you have a food blog with a picture you’re proud of from October, just send it to judgemypic(at)gmail.com.
Include the following:
- Your name
- Your blog URL
- The URL of the post where the photo first appeared
- The camera you used
- and don’t forget to attach your picture, that should be 350 pixels wide
Last day of submission is November 30, 2007.
I will post the pictures as they come, so make sure yours is included once I start publishing them. The gallery can be found here.
Last month’s roundup can be seen at Bake or Break.