Some small changes to the recipe – the filling and the braiding – and you have a loaf with a new look and taste. Just like my new Blog. So this delicious Marzipan Braid is not only for our Easter table, I will bring it to my Blogwarming Party, too. If you want join the Party, it is still time, last day of submission is April 1st, midnight.
Easter Marzipan Braid
Rezept reicht für:
Delicious Braid with almond and Marzipan filling.
- 300 g flour
- 15 g fresh yeast
- 1 1/2 tb Vanilla flavored sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 150 g milk
- 25 g softend butter
- 5 g salt
- 100 g almonds
- 50 g Marzipan
- 30 g Vanilla flavored sugar
- 25 g cold butter
- 1 pinch of salt
- some drops of bitter almond oil
- 1 egg (M)
- 1 egg yolk
- some drops of milk
- Dough – Dissolve yeast in 30 g milk, add rest of the ingredients except salt and knead on low speed for 4 minutes. Add salt and mix another 6 minutes on a higher speed until you got a smooth dough. Cover and let rise for 45 minutes, stretch and fold and let rise another 45 minutes. Dough should double in size.
- Filling – With a food processor grind all ingredients except egg. Add egg and mix well.
- Braiding – Divide the dough for braiding, shape the 2 portions into rounds and let them rest for about 10 minutes. Roll the 2 dough rounds into ropes. If the dough starts to tear, stop and let it rest for a few minutes before proceeding. With a rolling pin roll each piece into a rectangle. Spread the Marzipan filling evenly on each rectangle. Roll up the rectangles and braid. When finished, tuck the ends under the loaf to hide the seam. Cover and let rise for about 1 hour.
- Baking – Preheat oven and pan to 200 C. Brush Braid with egg wash. Put it in the oven and immediately reduce heat to 180 C and bake for 25-27 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.