So I’m very happy to announce the 3rd World Bread Day, that takes place on October 16th again.
The original World Bread Day – an event created by UIB International Union of Bakers and Bakers-Confectioners – wants to provide an opportunity to talk about bread and bakers, to find out about their history, their importance as well as their future.
Let’s bake and talk about bread on this day again! Everybody is cordially invited to participate.
The theme is open, just bake a bread with or without yeast, use sourdough, experiment with different flours, add some seeds… It’s up to you!
You never have baked a bread before? Well, give it try! It’s easy and once you have this smell of your own fresh bread in your kitchen, there is no way back. No idea what kind of bread you should bake? You don’t need to reinvent the
wheel bread! ;-) Why not to pick a recipe from here, here or here? If you do so, don’t forget to mention which blogger was your inspiration.
If you have no time to bake a bread, you can buy one at your favorite bakery and write about the bread and also the bakery.
I’m looking forward to see a huge basket filled with breads from all over the world again!
How to participate:
Please read and follow carefully the instructions below. email and link back to this post are mandatory, if one of them is missing your entry will not appear on the roundup. Thank you for your understanding.
- Bake or buy a bread, take pictures (if possible) and blog about it on Thursday, 16th October 2008. Just one entry per blog, please.
- Your entry has to be a new post specifically for this event and the post cannot be entered in other food blog events.
- Please link back to this announcement in your post, and eventually to the roundup.
- Send an email to worldbreadday(at)gmail(dot)com including
– your name
– your blog’s name and your blog’s URL
– the recipe name and the post’s URL
– your location (region and country)
- Submissions can only be accepted until Friday, October 17.
- New! There is a flickr World Bread Day ’08- group pool. flickr-users are invited to add your wbd photos.
I try to post the roundup on the following weekend (October 25/26).
If you have any question or suggestion don’t hesitate to contact me.
Due to World Bread Day next deadline for breadbakingday will be December, 1st. The new theme will be announced after World Bread Day.